Can you design a logo/brochure/leaflet/postcard/business card etc for me?
Simple answer – Yes!
Basically – if it can be printed on paper (or tshirts or signage) then I can design it (and also provide a competitive print quote too). You can view a full list of design and print services that I provide. But if you have a project that isn’t listed, just get in contact.
My specialities include:
What sort of projects have you worked on in the past?
Honestly I think I can say I have worked on just about every kind of job imaginable!
Whilst studying at college I worked part time in a printers where I learnt everything about the ‘behind the scenes’ of every project that is designed for print.
After university, I started my career in Newspaper Advertising creating high quality adverts for local companies to an extremely tight deadline. I then went to work for a Design Agency where the jobs were extremely varied:
- Blood plasma labels translated into Thai
- Multilingual brochures in both English & Welsh
- Report & Accounts for large corporations (including Whittards of Chelsea, Fortnum & Mason).
This required extremely high levels of accuracy alongside tight non-moveable deadlines
- Large scale Point of Sale campaigns for high street stores (creating concepts for ‘Easter’, ‘Christmas’, ‘Back to School’) etc
Since working for myself I have worked on some of the following:
- Advertisements for local magazines
- Bannerstands for the BBC
- Newsletters and brochures for Budgens / Londis
- Training and conference materials for Specsavers
- Logos & corporate identities for local businesses
- Brochures and trend reports for Global Trends
- Commemorative programme for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee for Dacorum Borough Council
Professional Graphic Design is expensive, right?
Design is often a small part of the total cost yet it can be the difference between a mediocre result and great success.
- Think of Graphic Design as in investment in your company, not a cost.
- It should always be used as a long term solution not a short term fix.
- Remember: Every item you produce has the potential to draw more clients to you, which in turn boosts sales.
- Ask yourself: Would you buy from a company whose self promotional items are of a poor quality? Would you trust them to do business with you? Remember that your potential customers ask this of YOU every day, you may just not know it.
What can Graphic Design do for my business?
Good graphic design can set you apart from your competitors.
From logos and business cards, brochures to banner-stands, the presentation of your company is paramount.Here are a few examples of how design can help your business:
- According to the UK Design Council, 74% of small firms, 80% of medium and 72% of large businesses say design, innovation and creativity have helped increase their turnover.
- If your products or services are designed to a higher quality than your competitors, then they may have a higher perceived value from your customers, which ultimately means you may be able to increase their price.
- A well designed brochure or promotional item will catch a potential customers eye for all the right reasons and make your product or service much more memorable.
Everything you produce promotes yourself so ensure it makes the right impression, first time and every time.
Why don't you have prices on your site?
Quite simply Graphic Design is a service, not a product.
I could set fixed prices for every service I provide, but you may end up paying more than you need to. If we can discuss exactly what you need, I can tailor (and often reduce) the quote you are given to your exact needs.
So why should I use Dark Iris Design?
With over 15 years experience and a history of working with clients such as Specsavers, Dacorum Borough Council, the BBC and Global Trends you can be confident that your design work will be in safe hands, whether your company is well established, or just starting up.
- I pride myself on offering an unrivalled service. I’ve been on the other end of unreturned or long delays on phonecalls/emails and know how frustrating that can be, so I always aim to reply back to you within 24 hours on weekdays.
- As a small business you won’t get passed from designer to designer who doesn’t understand you. I work with you from the beginning to the end of every project.
- The most obvious reason though, is the quality of my design and illustration work. But I will let that speak for itself in the Portfolio section.
Can you organise the print too?
Absolutely! Although any design work I create for you will be 100% high resolution and printer ready, I know that it can be confusing getting print quotes organised.
Just let me know if you need a print quote at any stage and I can arrange a competitive quote with one of the many specialist suppliers I work with. From litho/digital printing to tshirt printing, signage and promotional gifts, I have built up a network of high quality and reliable suppliers. I like to think I can source just about anything!
How long does it take?
That really depends on what the project is and how quickly you need it.
Although I am happy (and able) to turn projects around quickly (even within 24 hours) I would suggest that you allow a little more time to make sure everything about your next project is absolutely perfect.
Can you work alongside our in-house design team?
Definitely! In fact I already do that for some clients…
Sometimes larger agencies or companies just get a bit too busy, and rather than hire a new designer on a temporary or permanent basis, the more cost effective option is to hire someone like me!
- I work from my own office (so no commuting or a need to find an extra desk or computer).
- I quote on a job by job basis (so no full day rates) which usually works out cheaper for you.
- Hiring someone reliable like me is ideal for situations when your staff are unable to get into the office (think back to the nightmares of heavy snowfalls or train strikes).
- If you have any existing design guidelines that I would need to follow, just send them across so I can get a feel for your corporate style.
- Just think of me as part of your team who is just a phonecall away, but who won’t be eating all your biscuits and leaving mugs all round the office.